We invite you to visit, camp and enjoy the pristine forests of the Cardamom mountains. Their vast blanket of tropical rainforest remains one of Southeast Asia’s most pristine expanses of wilderness in Cambodia. This is a magic place where you will create some long-lasting memories with your family and friends. The area is rich in biodiversity and you will experience one of the most reserved national parks, endangered species, and plentiful varieties of birds.
The welcoming local communities living in the Steung Areng will guide you during your trip to learn everything there is to know about Steung Areng and the local wildlife. Enjoy the local cuisine of fresh fish, meat and locally grown organic vegetables. This is the place to get active, be one with nature and get familiar with Cambodian wildlife.
This is a great option for those wanting an all-inclusive package without being be part of a tour group. All the trips are run as private tours with your own transport (cost included in the price of the package) and flexible itinerary.
Transport is provided for groups of 4 people – with high quality private cars. All the drivers are vetted by our partner BookMeBus.
Note: 100% of the listed prices goes to supporting local community and generating income for local families, plus the cost of private taxi hire.
Transport to/from Phnom Penh
2 nights accommodation – homestay and camping at the forest (tents and equipment provided)
All activities during your stay, including equipment
Local guide during your stay
Mattress, pillow, blanket
Meals (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and water)
Other personal expenses such as drinks
Meals on the car journey to Stung Areng Village
We are not a tour company; however, we recognize that some of our visitors like to have an all-inclusive option while traveling to ecotourism destinations. This is a great option for those wanting an all-inclusive package without being part of a tour group. The 3 day/2 night all-inclusive package offers you the best of what Steung Areng has to offer for those with limited time interested in getting outdoors, experiencing nature, jungle trekking and camping in the forest.
Our suggested itinerary is below (There is some flexibility in your schedule and changes can be made to accommodate your personal preferences. Please note some additional charges may apply if you wish to add additional activities.)
Day 1: PHNOM PENH TO STEUNG ARENG
- 07:00 am Leave Phnom Penh to Stung Areng Community-Based Ecotourism.
- 11:30/12noon Heave a lunch on route to the Steung Areng site (along the road
- 02:00 pm Arrived Stung Areng Community-Based Ecotourism.
- 02:30 pm cycling trip – cycling through the Prek Svay village go to the Chhay Pour Bramboun rapid. There you can enjoy a swim and take a photo.
- 04:00 pm Come back to the community by bicycle.
- 04:30 pm Arrive at your CBET Homestay
- 06:00/7:00pm or later Have dinner at CBET restaurant.
Day 2: CBET TO MRECH KONGKEP MOUNTAIN
- 07:00 am Breakfast in CBET restaurant
- 07:30 am Depart from CBET restaurant to Mrech Kongkep mountain through Chomnoap and Chrork Ruessey village (walking/trekking to be adjusted based on your fitness and wishes)
- 09:00 am Arrived that village and viewing the local livelihood and their activities
- 11:00 am Have lunch (pack lunch) nearby the creek at Chrork Ruessey village
- 12:00 pm Continue trekking to Mrech Kongkep Mountain
- 02:00 pm Arrived top of the Mrech Kongkep Mountain and camping site.
- 02:30 pm Relaxing and viewing the sea forest, bird watching, wild animal footprint, and viewing the village of Areng valley.
- 05:00 pm Have dinner prepared by forest cook and watch the sunset and around the campfire Overnight stay at Mrek Kongkep Mountain – camping
Day 3: MRECH KONGKEP MOUNTAIN TO STEUNG ARENG – TRAVEL TO PHNOM PENH
06:00 am Wake up and observe the sunrise over the valley and the village, being on top of the world
07:00 am Have breakfast at top of the mountain and kingdom of mist
08:00 am Go down the Mrech Kongkep Mountain by trekking
10:00 am Biking to Chhay Areng Rapid and swimming
12:00 pm Have lunch at CBET restaurant
01:30 pm Leave for Phnom Penh – your private taxi will pick you up